QUICK FILL DSV (DYNAMIC SAFETY VENT VALVE)
20-0535 DSV, 12AN ORB TO 12AN MALE, QUICK FILL
This internal DSV valve can be used for fuel tanks that have -12AN ORB female threads (including the Radium FCST). The advanced tank venting and high flowing -12AN male fitting permits dry break applications that use dump cans for quick refueling. The 1-piece machined part is manufactured from billet 6061 aluminum and type-II anodized. Included are 2 ball valves, FKM O-ring, and a stainless steel retaining ring. The DSV determines when the tank is full as the upper sealing ball valve floats to the top shutting off the air (vent) source. This safely prevents fuel from traveling up and out of the fuel cell vent line. The DSV serves 2 main purposes, fuel fill shut off and roll over protection.
FUEL FILL SHUT OFF
Dry breaks are unique in that they seal the fill line during refueling. When the tank becomes full and the DSV valve shuts off the vent, a small amount of pressure will build in the fuel cell. This low air pressure is determined by the height of the dump can with respect to the lowest part of the fuel cell (a larger distance will result in higher head pressure). The dump can will begin to "chug". This is by design as it informs the operator that the fuel cell is full and the dry break can now be released. The residual air pressure will make its way out of the vented dry break receiver and permit the fuel level to rise slightly in the tank.
ROLL OVER PROTECTION
In case of an accident in which the wheels are up-ended, the the ball valve sinks sealing the vent. This safely prevents fuel from leaking out of the fuel cell vent line.
1. The vertical height of the top (shut-off) ball in the dynamic safety valve should be positioned lower than the highest point of the fuel fill point.
2. The vertical height of at least one portion of the vent tubing (not included) should be positioned above the highest point of the fuel fill point.
3. This internally mounted DSV is perfect for pressureless "vented" dry break receivers such as Radium Engineering 20-0495-V, 20-0504-V, and 20-0549-V.
4. The valve can easily be disassembled for cleaning, inspection, and maintenance.
5. The valve is compatible with all fuel types including alcohol fuels such as methanol and E85.