*Mid 2003-2013 Chevrolet Corvette
*Compatible with vehicles after VIN 35114930 (manufactured November 2002).
This Radium Engineering fuel hanger replaces the stock fuel pump assembly. No cutting or modifying of the vehicle is required for installation.
REQUIREMENTS: A fuel pressure regulator and external (low micron) fuel filter must be purchased separately. Optionally, the plumbing kits (see below) include both of these items.
The fuel pump outlet is tapped for 10AN ORB (7/8"-14) female threads on the top plate. However, an 8AN male adapter is provided.
The fuel return inlet is tapped for 8AN ORB (3/4"-16) female threads on the top plate. However, an 6AN male adapter is provided.
All fittings are machined low enough to clear the surrounding area.
COMPATIBLE FUEL PUMPS
The 20-0980 is configured to be used with 1 aftermarket fuel pump. NOTE: If 2 aftermarket pumps are required, the supplementary "dual pump add-on" (20-0937 listed below) would also be required. Choosing the best fuel pump is based on the expected engine power output, fuel type (gasoline, E85, etc.), and fuel pressure.
*Walbro F90000295 (a check valve is provided)
*Ti Automotive E5LM (a check valve is provided)
*These pumps do not feature an integrated check valve. Provided in this kit is a high flow check valve that secures to the outlet of these specific pumps.
FUEL STARVATION PROTECTION
Several mechanisms work together to move fuel into the integrated collector and keep it full at all times. This ensures the pump has adequate fuel available, even during aggressive driving. The internal pump is supplied with fuel from 3 different sources:
1. The consistent crossover fuel scavenged from the passive side of the fuel tank.
2. The constant low pressure returning fuel from the fuel pressure regulator.
3. As shown below, the two 1-way fill valves on the bottom of the collector allow fuel in, but not out. Each 1-way valve flows 355LPH keeping the collector as full as the current fuel tank level.
The custom designed stainless steel electrical studs easily handle the high current demand that compact multi-pin bulkhead connectors lack. These serviceable connections are hermetically sealed and impervious to all standard and exotic fuels. Non-conductive anodized aluminum acorn nuts are provided to prevent any accidental short circuiting. Furthermore, the in-tank wiring is insulated with high quality chemically resistant ETFE.
1. Single fuel pump installations can re-use the OEM fuel pump wiring.
2. It is recommended to upgrade OEM wiring to ensure the pumps are receiving full power and operating at maximum potential.
3. Universal fuel pump wiring kits can be found HERE. Select one for each aftermarket pump.
-Reuses OEM Crossover Jet Pump Siphon
-Collector provided to prevent Fuel Starvation
-Merged 10AN ORB Female Pump-Out Port
-Compatible with Various Pumps
-Brushless Fuel Pump Capable
-Fuel Pump Filter Socks Included
-Capable of 2 Pumps with Add-On
-High Current Electrical Hardware
-Gasoline, Methanol, and E85 Compliant